Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Donald Glover May Be Dropping Childish Gambino As Stage Name


childish GambinoWhen he acts, Donald Glover goes by Donald Glover. When he raps, he’s Childish Gambino.
Glover was wearing his acting hat on the Today Show, promoting the movie Lazarus Effect, which drops Friday.
But he made a reveal concerning his rapping career during the discussion.
“I guess Childish Gambino is like a period of my art time, and I want to have periods in my life, so I feel like Childish Gambino is a period that should come to a close,” he said. “I like endings.”
Glover added that he thinks he still wants to make music, it just won’t be as Childish Gambino.
The 31-year old had a nice run with Gambino. His two studio albums Camp and Because Of The Internet sold decently and got good reviews. The latter even received a 2015 Grammy nomination for Best Rap Album. He also dropped a bunch of well-received mixtapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment