Tuesday, August 11, 2015

VIDEO: @YoungThug Cover and Interview wit @DazedMagazine

Young Thug is the subject of the new Dazed cover story, and although he doesn’t talk much, he does give a little insight into his songwriting process, his love for Atlanta, and his ambition to make money and take care of his family. In “Halftime,” Thugger says, “I swear every time I dress myself it go motherfuckin’ viral,” and in his new cover shoot, he takes the opportunity to get people talking again by wearing a tutu in the photo shoot. His sister/day-to-day manager didn’t approve. See a couple excerpts below, photos above, and read the full cover story here. On his songwriting process: “I think as I go. I can’t remember 16 bars. Unless you write it, you can’t. I just do it bar for bar. I did a song in eight minutes. I thought everybody could write songs that fast. But working with a lot of them, they don’t. Wayne and Drake, it takes them so long to do a song. I understand why, because they want it to be perfect. But I think I can do a perfect song in ten minutes. I did ‘Danny Glover’ in eight minutes. ‘Stoner’ took me almost an hour.” The moment his sister saw him in a tutu: “Take it off!” a woman’s scream announces, bouncing off the mansion’s marble walls. It’s Amina, Thug’s sister and day-to-day manager, alarmed at the sight of her sibling in a grey tulle dress with tutu skirt by Molly Goddard.“TAKE THE TUTU OFF, NOW!” Thug shrugs – he’s already posed for the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment